How to Create a time gap if you can

Jadealscott

I am currently working on my dissertation and have hit a wall. I have collected data every half an hour for 4 hours and plotted this on a line graph, however i also have data for 20 hours and 24 hours from the starting point which i cannot plot as i can't seem to create a "time gap" ? any help please i have excel 2013.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
You mean you want to have blank spot in your line graph? There is an interpolation setting you may want to play with.

Upvote 0
yea so i have data on my graph every half and hour for 4.5 hours and then i need to add the 20 & 24 hours readings with nothing inbetween, what's interpolation?

Upvote 0
not sure what you mean... you want the time to increment 16 hours, from 4 to 20, when it incremented by 0.5 for 0-4?

Upvote 0
So im working on scientific data i have data point and values every half an hour for 4.5 hours. That is the main body of my data and is presented in a line graph. i also have 20 hour data and 24 hour data, that i would like to plot on this graph. when i do plot it there is as would be expected a massive gap between the data and the 20/24 hour points. im not sure what i need can be achieved on excel may look to do it on sigmaplot instead.
if you can help it would be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back