Excel for mac 2016 runtime error 1004

philippejochems

Hi folks,

Everytime I try to use the solver add-in in excel 2016 for mac it won't function because of a runtime error. Does anyone know how to fix this? As far as I know there are only solutions that work with windows...

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Have you updated Excel to version 15.20? Do you still get the error after updating?

Upvote 0
Hi Jim,

Unless the update I still have the same problem. Only one thing changed, instead of a 1004 error I get a 7 error, not enough memory. Any tips?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I updated to 15.20 yesterday and changed the language to English and tried to reload solver, it didn't have any effect. As soon as I click the solver button a new workbook opens with:

=ERROR(0)
=GET.DEF("R7C2:R7C4";"PT deel 3 - I")
=RETURN()

Hopefully this enables you to diagnose whats wrong.
By the way, when I use a function such as sumproduct Excel won't change the value of the target cell if i change something in the table.

<!--StartFragment--> <colgroup><col width="173" style="width:130pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
<!--EndFragment--></tbody>

Upvote 0
Error 1004 can have a variety of causes. One of them is that the code can't find something. This could be due to having a non text character on a sheet tab, in an enclosing folder name, or in the name of your startup volume. Please check for non-standard characters (especially slashes) and make sure only alpha-numeric characters are used in any of the names of sheet tabs, folders, or drive. If there are no bad names, then about the only things left to do are completely remove and reinstall Microsoft Office and/or reinstall Mac OS X. I think trying to boot to Safe Mode might be the next thing to try.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21875?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...-for-Mac-eefa1199-5b58-43af-8a3d-b73dc1a8cae3

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back