Yearly Timeline Chart in Excel

CCNY29

Hi Everyone,

I work for a recruiting firm and my boss has asked me to put together a timeline for each of the searches we worked on in 2014, 2015 and 2016. I went week-by-week but the problem is that it doesn't fit onto one page when you print, or when you scroll.

My question is how can I create a timeline of all of our searches so that it will fit into one page and show the kickoff date of the search as well as the closing date?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Hi CCNY29,
Usually, you will need to provide more information than what you did here such as an example of the data etc. Without looking at this, you can scale your printing, although it may get very small if it is a large file.
Assuming you are in Excel 2007+, go to the page layout ribbon, highlight the range you wish to print and in the print area drop icon dropdown, select "Set Print Area". Next, under print menu, choose custom scaling and select fit sheet on one page.
The problem is, your data may get so small that you cannot read it. You may have to adjust the orientation, paper size (going to legal instead of letter), and may wish to tighten up on column widths or row heights to make everything be a more legible size.

Good luck,

CN.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back