RTD losing sync with thinkorswim

MrLarrExcel

Hello, recently I've tried to write calculations in Excel's VBA using the RTD from ThinkOrSwim's trading platform. I am losing sync from ThinkOrSwim after a couple of hours. My research has found that if Excel is calculating during a refresh, because of too much code, could cause it too crash. So I removed the code completely and still losing sync. I also have tried a manual refresh by setting the refresh throttle to -1 and using refreshdata() inside a timed loop at 10 second intervals and still losing sync. I have asked ThinkOrSwim for help and still waiting on them. So if anyone could give some suggestions I would be very happy!

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
The issue isn't one of post removal; it's about you observing the rules of both forums you cross-posted in. Did you read them - on either forum?

Upvote 0
Mr.Moderator, As you can see I am not getting any responses. This I believe is due to cross-link message. I understand I created this issue but I would like to resolve it. If you don't work with me I believe I won't get help unless I take a completely different approach which may lead to something similar to the cross-thread which I am trying to avoid. I would hope you would understand that the best thing would to kill this thread completely and let me start over. I will ask the same of the other site and choose a site to stick with. Thank You

Upvote 0
Deleting the thread here wouldn't address the fact that: a) your thread on the other forum has a cross-post link (see note below); b) creating a new thread there (or here) would violate the either or both of the cross-post & duplicate post policies of the forum concerned; and c) your repeated posts in this thread would suggest to anyone who doesn't actually open the thread to read it that a solution is being worked on. Regardless, the lack of response on either forum may have more to do with a lack of familiarity with the subject matter than anything else.

Note: As soon as some contributors see that a topic has been cross-posted they lose interest (regardless of who provides the cross-post links) because they simply aren't willing to go hunting up other forums to see what might be getting discussed there.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iaincmac

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back