Index Match Function To Pull Multiple Rows Informations without Duplicates

adamdeeakaaj

So I have an issue I've been trying to resolve on a spreadsheet I created. I'm using the index/match/iferror function in order to populate information on a separate tab in my workbook. The formula I'm using is pulling the pertinent information, however, when it comes across a field name that is duplicated - it uses the first entry in the selection rather than all entries, which all the consistently named rows is needed to populate this portion of the spreadsheet. In addition, I would need this function to filter duplicate entries. So on my attachments, I have two screen caps. on the export tab and one from the accounts tab. The accounts tab shows columns AG-AJ, which are the client fields used to populate the information in the export tab under client name. Column AL on the accounts tab shows where information from column A in the export tab gets populated to consolidate fee schedules. If the fee schedule is the same as another household, it will get populated underneath a singular row rather than multiple on the exports tab. This is the basis for the index/match/iferror function, which looks up the fields in column A of the export tab and based on matching values on the accounts tab, pulls the pertinent client information. So the problem is it will not pull the multiple clients information if under different rows. It seems the function goes to the first instance of the value found and solely uses that information rather than all matching entries. After that is done, I need the function to not populate duplicate entries. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you very much!

I posted on a separate forum, but didn't get any responses. I don't see a place to put attachments on this site, so I will include the link to the other site where I have the screen captures as well as a sample workbook (note: if you work in the sample workbook the columns changed a bit as I noted on the other forum). Thank you!!!!

Index Match Function To Pull Multiple Rows Informations without Duplicates

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Hi,
What is duplicated? what tab, what column?
Where should be result be displayed?

Upvote 0
So if you follow that cross-post link, I updated what I'm looking for as well as the sample workbook. I think it should be very clear now what I'm trying to accomplish. Let me know if you have any suggestions, help, or other questions! Thank you very much!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back