Html maker - testers required!

Richard Schollar

MrExcel MVP
As some of you may be aware, I have been making an add-in to produce html output of selected data in Excel. The output is fairly consistent with that produced by Excel Jeanie as can be seen here:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=241

the differences being:

1. the interface is a whole lot simpler
2. you can choose if you want to output all the formulas in selection or only some of them
3. the ouput colour-codes nesting levels in the formulas
4. it only does formulas and data (it doesn't report conditional formatting or data validation applied)
5. it comes as an .xla file rather than an .exe (so doesn't require Admin rights to install!)
6. the code is visible for anyone that wants to laugh (or cry) at it

The generated html should also be considerably simpler as much of the formatting and style elements are now held in a css file applied to the whole Board (Suat Ozgur has created a css class which I link to in the generated html).

It has been tested by me and Jon von der Heyden and feedback from Suat incorporated. What I need now is for some others to test and come back with any comments.

If you would like to see the file and perhaps test it, please Private Message me with your email address and I'll send you the .xla file and a .doc file with guidance notes:

The .xla file is approx 100Kb in size, so it isn't very big. It will work in all versions of Excel since xl2000, although I will be developing a specific xl2007 ribbon interface next.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello,
sorry for my poor english...

i install HTML MAKER (XL 2007 Win XP) and in sheet, i don't see anything new ...
Where is the position of this add in on the sheet screen please ? Not with my Code Documentor :(

maybe, i make a mistake in install ?

Mny Thanks

Patrick

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
You should see a new tab on the Ribbon called Add-Ins. You'll find a menu for the MrExcel HTML Maker there.

HTH,

Upvote 0
Hello,
sorry for my poor english...

i install HTML MAKER (XL 2007 Win XP) and in sheet, i don't see anything new ...
Where is the position of this add in on the sheet screen please ? Not with my Code Documentor :(

maybe, i make a mistake in install ?

Mny Thanks

Patrick

Hi
. You should also see extra options shown when you click on the right mouse....
. Read also this Thread......
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/837991-excel-forum-software-4.html?

Alan
Germany

P.s. I use mostly XL 2007 (German) and XP. I use the HTML Maker extensively.--Works great!

Upvote 0
And if you download the add-in from the link in my signature, you'll get a proper new ribbon tab (it's the same HTML Maker code). ;)

Upvote 0
And if you download the add-in from the link in my signature, you'll get a proper new ribbon tab (it's the same HTML Maker code). ;)

Hi Rory…

. I just downloaded that new one and (Think?) I installed it. But I already had the old one? So I am not sure.. The Ribbon looks the same as it always did….

.. But I think looking at the development window I have the new one

. Questions:.
. 1) It looks like I have the new one, Correct?

. 2) I am only using Windows (XP). So for me there are no changes, Correct?

. 3) It did error just once at the start as shown in Yellow. I guess that was just as the Ribbon Tab was already was there. So I do not need to worry about it. Correct.

. 4) Your Tools do not have the extra right Mouse click stuff . Correct? (I realize you do not need it as everything is up in the ribbon to be found..)

. Thanks for making your Tools Public
. They are very useful, fun to play with. (Stupidly I only just realized that they have almost everything the MrExcel HTML Maker has and a few thing more. ! .. So really using your Tools seem probably the best option. )

. Alan

. P.s . Just in case you ever do any updates… A small extra bit would be handy…like the bit in the shg add-in I uploaded today from that Thread, Post #3
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/837991-excel-forum-software.html?
.. This extra bit is handy when you use the Spreadsheet to make a simple Table to post in a Thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello,

it's ok now...with my Firefox and not Chrome :(

i don't have the good html Maker before !!!

I try this and go back after :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I try this and go back after :)

? It is very difficult to understand your English
. Have you read #223 amd # 224 in this Thread and followed the links there??

? Il est très difficile de comprendre votre anglais
. Avez-vous lu # 223 # 224 amd dans ce fil et il a suivi la gauche ?

Alan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back