Excel 2013 Right Click Option

ir121973

Hi, I wonder whether someone may be able to help me please.

I've recently upgraded to Excel 2013 an despite running a detect and repair ans searching through the 'Advanced Options' I'm unable to enable the 'Copy' function when I right click over the cell.

If I use the copy button on the Ribbon, I'm able to right click and select the various 'Paste' options so I'm not sure where the problem lies.

I just wondered whether someone may be able to provide some guidance on how I may be able to overcome this.

Many thanks and kind regards

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Is it just one workbook or all workbooks?
Any Addins - regular or COM - installed?
Does the keyboard short-cut (CTRL+C) work?

Open Excel in Safe mode - do you still have the issue?
Does the right-click Copy work in Word?

I'm wondering if your ran code that modified the right-click and it stuck... you need to Reset it.

Open the VBE (ALT+F11)
Open the Immediate Window (CTRL+G)
Enter this in the window: Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset
then press enter (on the same line)

Upvote 0
Hi @starl, thank you very much for taking the time to come back to me with this and my apologies for not coming back to you sooner.

The issue occurs in all workbooks irrespective of whether it's newly or previously created.

I've checked the Add Ins and Comms aas you kindly suggested and I can confirm that there are no Comms installed but I have both the Analysis Toolpak and Analysis Toolpak VBA installed as Add Ins.

I have tried using the safe mode, but unfortunately the issue is still there, but strangely enough when I use Word, I have no issue at all!

I did try the code line you kindly provided, but when I ran this I recieved an error message?

I hope this helps.

Many thanks and kind regards

Upvote 0
Those Add-ins should be fine.

What was the error message you received? I have tested and it should work...Though, if your browser settings are messing with fonts, you may not get the correct quotes..try typing in the command manually.

Also - can you post an image of your right-click menu? You'll need to post it online elsewhere and link it here.

Upvote 0
Another thought - do you have a Personal Macro file? Could someone have added code to disable the Copy in the right-click?

Upvote 0
Hi @starl, thank you very much for taking the time to come back to me with this and for your suggestions.

I think what I'm going to do is perform a fresh install of MS Office and see if that fixes the problem. There doesn't appear to be anything in the Personal macro settings, and I'm the only one with access to the machine, so I think that this may be the best option.

Thank you for all your time and trouble, it is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Upvote 0
Hi all, I just wanted to give you an update on this.

I continued to work on this and a solution online from several sources.

I opened Excel in 'Safe' mode and found that the 'Copy' function was available so I was pretty sure that I didn't need to do a complete re-install, but the guidance I found online, suggested using 'regedit' and changing this: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Excel\Options to this HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Excel\Options.old.

It now works fine.

Once again many thanks for all your help and kind regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back