Missing Records after Mail Merge

carabale

Board Regular
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of them is Jobam and the other one is Jobpm. I want to use a word document that will list all individuals where job “25” appears on jobam or on jobpm.
In the filter, I asked to check jobam where jobam is = “25” OR where Jobpm is = “25”

There are 35 people whose job is “25” in jobam and 37 people whose job is “25” in jobpm. However, I am only getting 28 total.

I initially thought I had not enough lines in my word document so I added more and only prints empty lines.
Any idea what is going on or other way to do it?
Thanks

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
I'd have expected at least 37 records - and that assumes the 25jobam records all overlap 35 of the 25jobpm records. The fact you're only getting 28 records suggests the '25' for some records has been input as text, whilst the others (the ones being printed) have been input as numbers.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. Sorry it took me so long I was not able to check my email. Back to your response, that occurred to me too; so I made sure all were "numbers" and not text or general. However; I did noticed that everything seems to work fine until it reaches record number 336. After row 336 it does not see anymore records. So weird...

I read an article that said to make sure I have <next record> positioned correctly. I have it on the very first line--do not know if that is the correct place.

Upvote 0
Back to your response, that occurred to me too; so I made sure all were "numbers" and not text or general. However; I did noticed that everything seems to work fine until it reaches record number 336. After row 336 it does not see anymore records.
If it's stopping at row 336, that suggests there's something different about that row or 337. Either the numbers after 336 are all text or there's something else (e.g. double-quotes) on row 336 or 337 that messes with the mailmerge.
I read an article that said to make sure I have <next record> positioned correctly. I have it on the very first line--do not know if that is the correct place.
The only «NextRecord» fields you should have are those inserted via the Update labels process, and this does not normally include one in the first record. Extra such fields will cause records to be skipped.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMGLarson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back