VBA conditional for combining documents

osscie3

Board Regular
Hi all,

Although this is an Excel forum, I'll be doing some VBA. In this case it'll be in Word. If I'm in the wrong place and you guys can steer me to another place that is more appropriate, please feel free to do so.

I'll try to keep it simple to start. What I'm going to have is basically a series of check boxes. I have a word document for each of the checkboxes. I want it to where when the user selects whichever checkboxes that they prefer, the documents associated with those checkboxes are combined. For an example, if I had checkboxes for red, blue, yellow, and green. I check red and yellow. I hit the submit button or whatever, and in return, I'll get two pages. One that tells me all about the color red (the red checkbox) and the other page that tells me all about yellow(the yellow checkbox).

I'm doing this for my company so I'm trying not to reveal too much here. It's basically for contracts. Our sales will select the products that our customer wants, and it will generate the correct contract based off what was checked in the products checkbox section.

I'll be the first one to admit that I may just be stupid and there's some program that does this for me, maybe Adobe? Not sure, but thanks in advance for yall's help.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
IMHO, you'd do better to start with a single template that has all the content, then either:
• selectively add content via custom Quick Parts; or
• delete whichever parts are not required.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back