A Blinking Excel Christmas Tree

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Rick,

I saw this last year and didn't understand some of the code but, after a year of hard work I actually understand it this year hahah :)

This is definitely a pretty cool trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rick, this cheered me up. I updated the graphic alittle

In honor of Rick's Tree, I made a 'String of Lights' workbook that is almost fully editable.
You can change the step, bulb size, bulb spacing, speed and colors of the 'bulb's'.

The bulb objects will 'more or less' stay sized to the active window even while scrolling or resizing it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/incriv6mto3k2qs/JollyWB.xlsm?dl=0

BiocideJ

Just FYI, I was curious on your post. It only works on a 32bit system.

I have both systems on 2 different computers. I tried the 64 bit first and got a Compile Error: saying code must be updated for 64 bit system. ...update Declare Statements then mark them with the PtrSafe attribute.

Woks fine on my 32 bit system. I'm not all that good on figuring out how to fix it to work on both systems. I jut thought to only bring it to your attention if you wanted to look into it.

BiocideJ

Just FYI, I was curious on your post. It only works on a 32bit system.

I have both systems on 2 different computers. I tried the 64 bit first and got a Compile Error: saying code must be updated for 64 bit system. ...update Declare Statements then mark them with the PtrSafe attribute.

Woks fine on my 32 bit system. I'm not all that good on figuring out how to fix it to work on both systems. I jut thought to only bring it to your attention if you wanted to look into it.

I updated the API declaration and updated the file that the link points to so it should work on both 64 and 32 bit systems now.

I want to share with you a new blinking Excel Christmas Tree that I just made resorting to iterative calculation.

To know how was it done, and to download it, visit this link: A Blinking Excel Christmas Tree

Enjoy and happy holidays!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back