Amazing...

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Indeed, impressive.

Is this like a successful attempt to beat the world record we see in the sport news (and there were 19 failed ones before, which the news did not report about), or rather a demonstration of regular performance?

J.Ty.

Indeed, impressive.

Is this like a successful attempt to beat the world record we see in the sport news (and there were 19 failed ones before, which the news did not report about), or rather a demonstration of regular performance?
That is a good question. Given that the video was posted on a website for a tree removal service, I am thinking it is a demonstration of regular performance... he must have known he could bring the tree down successfully given the cost to repair the house or garage(?) should a tree of that size not fall correctly. And I would have to say that guy is really VERY GOOD, I mean, what was there, maybe 2 or 3 inches clearance on either side of the tree as it fell?

The reaction of the guy with the saw is not like "I do this every second day".

What is also interesting is his technique. I saw another guy doing the same kind of service, who worked for me. His method was to make a single large cut, and then, when the tree was slowly losing balance and starting to fall, he did small side cuts to the leftover to introduce precise adjustments to its direction of move.

J.Ty.

The reaction of the guy with the saw is not like "I do this every second day".

What is also interesting is his technique. I saw another guy doing the same kind of service, who worked for me. His method was to make a single large cut, and then, when the tree was slowly losing balance and starting to fall, he did small side cuts to the leftover to introduce precise adjustments to its direction of move.
I assume the "Thank you God" was because the tolerances were so tight (my estimate is 2 to 3 inches on either side of the tree). As for micro adjusting the fall... I would imagine it nearly impossible to make "while it is falling" adjustments... by eye (especially from the falling side of the tree... for the tight tolerances involved (by the time the cutter realized the tree would hit one of the structures unless a micro-cut was made, the structure would probably have been hit).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back