Access file/macro on work computer can't find library when moved to my home computer.

kreber

Board Regular
Hi,
I am willing to do the grunt work with figuring out why my own programming doesn't work correctly, however, when bringing a copy of the database file home from work to modify on my own computer, the code hangs up on the DATE command in the macro because "Compile Error: Can't find project or library." I use Access 2007 at work and Access 2000 at home. I feel however I am doing stuff basic enough not to worry about the two different versions. Further explanation of what the macro does is below but this was my basic problem and I need to know if and how I need to somehow redirect Access to look on MY computer for the library rather than what I think its doing, which is looking at a path that only exists at work and not on my computer (ie, a network drive instead of my C: drive). Thanks!

I have a macro that determines whether a user's input Due Date and Time makes their order/request an ASAP or not. If the requested service is due within 4 BUSINESS hours, its considered an ASAP (meaning the request is needed As Soon As Possible). The macro will calculate and suggest a due date/time of 4 business hours in the future and ask if that is acceptable. If not, it is considered an actual ASAP request. ASAP requests require the user to get someone from our support group to enter the request for them, forcing them to notify us of ASAP requests in person, and not just in the computer. That way they can't 'sneak' in an ASAP and we get to ask why it has to be ASAP and whether 4 business hours will suffice, etc.
Anyway, apparently my code isn't calculating the 4 business hours properly in certain situations, like around 3pm, when some users swear the calculated suggestion of 4 business hours from moment of entry is LATER than if they just waited until opening time the next day and make the request. That is, for example, waiting until Wednesday morning opening (next day) to make the request gets the desired service SOONER than requesting it at 3pm Tuesday (the previous day).

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
If you built the DB on Access 2007 it will use version 12.0 of many libraries, including the Microsoft Access library. Access 2000 doesn't know about that version (it's looking for 9.0) so it marks the librray as MISSING, and then lots of standard Access calculations stop working.

Press Alt+F11 to go to the code window
Tools > References
Find any that are marked MISSING, and note which ones they are.
For each, deselect the missing reference and scroll down the list to find the matching version on your system. Select it instead.
When finished press OK

Denis

Upvote 0
If you built the DB on Access 2007 it will use version 12.0 of many libraries, including the Microsoft Access library. Access 2000 doesn't know about that version (it's looking for 9.0) so it marks the librray as MISSING, and then lots of standard Access calculations stop working.

Press Alt+F11 to go to the code window
Tools > References
Find any that are marked MISSING, and note which ones they are.
For each, deselect the missing reference and scroll down the list to find the matching version on your system. Select it instead.
When finished press OK

Denis

Hi,
That did it! I checked the references and what was showing as missing was something like:
LSBrowser OLE Control Module

But, all I had to do was deselect it, and everything worked fine after that.

Thanks very much Denis/SydneyGeek :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back