DLookup #Name? error

bthomas

Board Regular
I'm lost. :confused:

I am trying to create a form that automatically fills a field from a lookup table based on the criteria in another field.

The criteria field is called ExceptionCode and the autofill field is called PRASE. The lookup table is named 04LookupExceptionCode. The form name is Administrative-AccountRolodex_ExceptionCodesSubform.

My code is.

Code:
[FONT=Times New Roman]DLookup("[PRASE]", "04LookupExceptionCode", "[ExceptionCode] =  "& Forms![Administrative-AccountRolodex_ExceptionCodesSubform]![ExceptionCode])<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>[/FONT]

When I toggle to form view the autofill field returns #Name?. What am I doing wrong. :(

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Is the Dlookup located on the main form or on the subform you are referring to?

Alan

Upvote 0
Hi alansidman,

Thanks for responding.

It is in the subform. I haven't even tested it in the main form yet.

Upvote 0
"[ExceptionCode] = "& Forms![Administrative-AccountRolodex_ExceptionCodesSubform]![ExceptionCode])

I don't see a space between the second quote and ampersand above. That's a problem, probably.

If the DLookup Function is in the subform itself I think you can just use (because its the same container object):
"[ExceptionCode] = " & [ExceptionCode]

If ExceptionCode is not numeric (if it is text) you need quotes:
"[ExceptionCode] = '" & [ExceptionCode] & "'"

All just guesses on my part. Maybe it's something else! Trial and error should get you there. If you have now actually put this "subform" in a main form then that might change things...

(Note that many databases require a letter or an underscore as the first character of a table name. You may want to avoid tables starting with numbers to make your project more scalable).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you! I will try this. Also, thanks for the tip. I did not know that about the table names.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janspook03

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back