Clicked on my desktop short cut to my databse and this window popped up.

Marq

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Why would this happen??...This morning I went to open my database as I always do bu clicking on the short cut to it on my desktop and this error window came up:

The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object ‘MSysDb’. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and path name correctly. If MSysDb is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator.

So i went directly to the file and double clicked on it and still the same thing happened...I can not get into the the file.

Anyway to remedy this?

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
It could be a sign of a corrupted db. Open ACCESS (but not a db) Run the REPAIR db tool and choose your db.
If this still fails, you may have a dead db. Hope you have a backup.

Upvote 0
It could be a sign of a corrupted db. Open ACCESS (but not a db) Run the REPAIR db tool and choose your db.
If this still fails, you may have a dead db. Hope you have a backup.

did all of that and then some...scoured the net looking for answers..end result: beyond repair.....and its not my db..i was asked to fix it for someone else...unknown if they have a back up.

Upvote 0
If you have a corrupt DB, a lot of time the following fix will work.

Create a new blank database, then import all the objects from the old, corrupt one into the new one. Then use the new one instead.

Upvote 0
If you have a corrupt DB, a lot of time the following fix will work.

Create a new blank database, then import all the objects from the old, corrupt one into the new one. Then use the new one instead.

that was the second fix i tried.....same window popped up......zero luck.

Upvote 0
What happens if you open the database directly, not using the Shortcut (I doubt the issue is with the shortcut, but we should rule out all possibilities).

If none of the suggestions work, you will have to resort to a backup of the database when it was working (I hope they did regular backups!).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back