Query Object: Data Sheet View not synchronising with Design View

phil34

Hi,

I have made a query to combine data from three DataTables.

In the Query Object, I want to change the column order of the combined data. I have done that in Design View (surely there to change the design??). I have pressed "Run" in Design view; also "Update Data".

But the Data Sheet view just doesn't seem to change the column order, according to how I have changed it in Design View.

Why? What's the solution? What's the point of Design View, if you can't design!!

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
I have seen this happen once or twice. It can happen with tables too.
Typically, the order of the fields matches the order in your Table or Design View (I think this is the default behavior), but you can have the Data Sheet View order differently than how it is listed in Design View.

To move the fields in Data Sheet View, click and hold on the column name in the first row. You will see a blue line show up on the left side of the column border. You can now drag the column to be before or after other fields.

From my experience, usually the field order in Design View and Data Sheet view are usually in sync. But it appears to me that once a field in Data Sheet View is moved using the method I described above, it discards the default behavior, and now you have to move the fields in this manner. Or you can simply rebuild the query (change to SQL View and copy and paste the code into a new Query).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back