Populate 1 Drop down from 5 fields in access

Juicebox21

Hey Guys, I'm fairly new to access, but generally understand this stuff easily. What I'm looking to do is create one drop down list that takes its data from 5-7 different fields. Basically I'm creating a work schedule. I have about 180 employees, 30 different job sites, and each site has it's own shift hours. So the table for "Job Site" has the name and location, then has fields to put in the shifts that apply to that job site. I would like to make it so that on an individual person, you could select the job site (easy linkup), but then, based on the job site you select, it will have a second drop down to select the shift the person works. Right now, if I select all the fields that have shifts in them, I get one choice that just has a lot of times all in one row. Any advice would be awesome.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
I'm checking that out now. The first option on there looks like it will be too much to go through since it requires separate tables for each option and I'll have 30 different job sites (and that can grow quickly). looking through the other options now. Thanks, I'll post an update!

Upvote 0
It looks like these all require the drop down data to be in the same field with the other data in its own field (ie, have a jobsite listed in a field 6 times then have the 6 shifts listed in the other field. This would accomplish what I need for the drop downs, but makes entering and modify job sites more complex. Any other ideas?

Upvote 0
Sorry, but this is the only way I know. You can add a maintenance form to update the tables as necessary. Maybe someone else will jump in with another option.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back