Help with an Access Project

stephen5678

Hey Guys,

I'm doing a bit of work for a childrens Autistic charity and was hoping one of you guys have done something like this in the past. I have tried a couple of options though struggling to get something working for this part which is basically a productivity tracker for each day the kids are in.

I am looking to build a form that when you select the team for a dropdown it will show the kids in this group, An option for a date and a couple of selection boxes the team leaders will fill in then append this to another table which I can query from.

I.e. Current Tables
Team 1 - Andy
Team 1 - Alice
Team 2 - Bernie
Team 2 - Bob

The form should then have a dropdown that when "Team 1" is selected show: (The date should be the same each day):

Andy (Date) "Gold Card?" "Red Card" "Commentary"
Alice (Date) "Gold Card?" "Red Card" "Commentary"

Any help will be really appreciated, Hopefully I make sense

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
If you really have 4 tables like that, what you need to do first is research database normalization Microsoft Access and SQL Server Database Normalization Tips because you are already off on the wrong foot and it will only get worse. Check out the topics regarding tables in the web page nav pane on the left.
You probably need to research naming conventions for Access objects since I gather you have spaces in the names (and Heaven forbid, maybe dashes too). See MS Access Naming Conventions - Access World Forums and
Microsoft Access tips: Problem names and reserved words in Access

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back