Selecting records from a form to create a new table

Pettor

Board Regular
Dear All good afternoon,

I am totally new to access and I have a question that I would like to be answered.

I have a form that presents the records of a table kai I would like on double click, on the first cell of the form, to copy and paste the whole record (row) from the initial table to another table.

Is that possible and how?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
That is rather unusual database behavior. In a properly designed database, there is usually seldom a reason to have to copy records from one table to another.

Can you explain the reason why you are doing this? We may have better suggestions for you if we understand the rationale and what the end goal is here.

Upvote 0
Yes of course, lets say that the form presents the schedule of a given week. Every week this schedule changes but I want to keep specific records as samples in a new table.

Is it clear?

Upvote 0
Are you creating a new table for each week (you should not be doing this, it will create an unwieldy mess over time)?

Could you possibly post a small sample of what this data looks like, and which records you want to copy?

Upvote 0
No, the table every week is changing and I want to keep around 10-15 records from these 1000 records, for sample reasons every week.
The table is as simple as possible. Each record has around 30 columns with numerical data and these are presented through a form for a better presentation.

A typical row is something like the below:

A30,520,510,530,520,510,530,520,510,5

<colgroup><col width="64" span="10" style="width:48pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

I have seen that, through the form layout, I could make a "click" choice, so I wonder if I could click on the value A, lets say and this record to be moved to the new "samples" table. Simple as that.

Upvote 0
Still not quite sure I understand the whole flow and design of this database here.

The easiest way to move a set of records from one table to another is to create a Query that returns just the records you want in this new table, and then change the Query to either a Make-Table Query (to totally create a brand new table) or an Append Query (to copy records to an existing table).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back