Load True False From CSV And Update Existing Fields?

garbledmess

This is probably a dumb question, but since I don't know the answer I have to ask anyway.
I have an access database with processed data fields in it:

Record Number (primary key), A_Processed, B_Processed, C_Processed, etc..

These are set as check boxes for True / False. Right now all 20K entries have the processed columns set to False. I would like to be able to read in a csv file that is generated from outside source (that handles the processing of the actual data) and update my table to reflect if something has been process (true) or not (false).

I've tried setting up an linked table (that points to the csv file; which will always be receiving updates from the outside source) and using a query with it and my main table to ensure the Record Numbers match (since I have 20K of them). I just can't seem to get it to pull the TRUE / FALSE part into the main database.

Any help would be appreciated, and please talk to me like I'm 5 years old, because that's about where I am on this level.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
I just can't seem to get it to pull the TRUE / FALSE part into the main database.
Post what you tried as well as any error messages/numbers, the results you got, etc. when you are posting what you want. Otherwise, we run the risk of suggesting something without going into great detail only to find out you already tried - but never said what the outcome was.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back