Modifying a Powerpivot Query

david0044

Good morning,
I am trying to modify an existing query in powerpivot (it seems like I always forget that one important field), but I can't find a way to modify the existing query-only create a new one based upon an existing connection.
If I click on existing connections (design tab) and find the correct connection, open it and choose write a query, it only allows a new query to be created-not a modification of the existing (if I try to reuse the original name, I get a "friendly name error").
Is it possible to modify a query, so I don't have to re-create all my relationships, measures, etc...? And if so, any help on how would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Hi

Try selecting the table in the powerpivot window and then click 'Table Properties'. From here you should be able to see the SQL query.

I hope that works

Upvote 0
mrhopko: That was exactly it-I was trying to make it way harder than it had to be. Thanks for your help today!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When you click on Table Properties did you ever have the Edit Properties dialog box freeze every single time? No matter what I do, after I click on the Table Properties tab the Edit Properties dialog box is displayed, but when you click on the Design button it immediately says the program is not responding. Has anyone ever experienced that? Thank you for your help!

Upvote 0
I have the same issue, but I'm unable to open the "query editor". I can open the "Table Properties", but the drop down button to switch from "table view" is gray and don't respond.

I've used UNION commands in the past without any issue. Now I just can't view or edit any query thats behind my tables in my powerpivot.

Do you guys know any solution?

Upvote 0
I've even installed power query but it didn't solved the problem. I'm still unable to edit the query behind my existing powerpivot tables.

Upvote 0
Honestly just sounds like you are running into a bug :( And not one I am familiar with -- as I have updated many a query. You can go back to cute ui design via on the queries once you edit the sql text... but I don't recall ever not being able to edit the query.

Upvote 0
Honestly just sounds like you are running into a bug :( And not one I am familiar with -- as I have updated many a query. You can go back to cute ui design via on the queries once you edit the sql text... but I don't recall ever not being able to edit the query.

=(

Anybody else have an answer?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdkinsP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back