Excel Power Query - Look up a different report from Salesforce.com

crave4excel

Hi all,

I have an excel spreadsheet with an embedded Power Query that is currently looking up "Report A" in Salesforce.com.

What if I want to change it to "Report B" without creating a new connection? My spreadsheets formulas are set up to Vlookup data from the tab that this report is currently in. I tried several times but it all seem to create a brand new tab for the report I want.

Please advise how I can change report in the EXISTING tab. Sorry I hope this makes sense :p

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Is report b identical in structure to report a? If you are going to re-point power query to a different report, then it needs to be an identical structure.

Upvote 0
So open the query pane (show pane)
edit the query
on the first line of code (source) click the cog icon and repoint the source to the new source
save and close

Upvote 0
So open the query pane (show pane)
edit the query
on the first line of code (source) click the cog icon and repoint the source to the new source
save and close

Hi Matt,
Thanks for helping me on this. I'm unable to find the cog icon you mentioned. When I click on "edit" from the show panel, a separate window pops up. On the top there are several tabs "Home", "Transform", "Add Column", "View". I don't see any cog icon in here. Am i looking at the wrong place?

Upvote 0
There should be a query settings box on the right when you are in edit mode. If you can't see it, then click on View\Query Settings and it should pop out. The gear icon is there.

Upvote 0
You could also use the View -> Advanced Editor button to look at the entirety of the Power Query code. Just find Report A in the code and replace it with Report B.

AEjBSdu.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back