How to permanently enable the PowerPivot add-in in Excel 2010.

alfranco17

Board Regular
Hi.

I have an issue with the PowerPivot add-in: when I restart my computer, its checkmark goes away and I have to go to File - Options - Add-ins - COM - Go. Checkmark it and it comes back.

It is not a big problem, but it is rather annoying.

In Word I know I can force an add-in to be enabled by moving it to the START folder. Is this something that could be done with Excel? Is there some other way to force the PowerPivot add-in to load automatically?

Thanks.
Armando.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I have the same problem with my PC at work. I am not an administrator on the PC and the add-in was installed for me by IT. I'm wondering if you need to be logged in as an administrator when you enable the add-in to make it stick?

Upvote 0
I have the same problem but I have admin rights on my machine. This seems to be a common issue. A solution would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
adding on to the list of people who has a problem with this. seems like there are no answers anywhere

Upvote 0
I'm gonna bump this as I'm in the same situation and being the lazy sod that I am I would like a solution to this too :D

Upvote 0
Question for all of you: do you have files in XLSTART? For me this is C:\Users\rob\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

I have Personal.XLSB in there, and I have this "goes away" problem. But I'm pretty sure that I don't have this problem when XLSTART is empty.

Upvote 0
It's been 3 days and I haven't had to re-enable PowerPivot once, so I'm going to consider this solved.

l3e3.jpg

"This case is getting closed!" Thanks Rob!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey612

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back