New and need help with conditional locking of button

Sarah_d

Ok guys, i have been a lurker on here for a while now, but finally done it and joined after a long time searching for an answer to my latest problem.

Bet you guys didn't know that you have helped created a whole new purchase order system for the company i work for :LOL:.

Anyway...

I have a sheet that people fill in using a combination of validation lists and manual imputs, the requestor then clicks a button which automatically emails the order form to their line manager for authorisation. they add their initials and click another button to email it to accounts. All very nice, but people are lazy and we are starting to get incomplete forms through.

What i need is to somehow lock the button untill all compulsory fields are complete.

Hope you can help :biggrin:

If you want to specifically identify the incomplete cells in the MessageBox (more like my earlier code), and select those incomplete cells, you could try this modification.

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> EmailOrderWhenComplete()<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> myRange <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> bCell <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> MissedR <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> FirstAddress <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">String</SPAN><br>    <br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> myRange = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("D12:D20")<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> myRange<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> bCell = .Find(What:="")<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> bCell <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Is</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Nothing</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>            <SPAN style="color:#007F00">' Code to email</SPAN><br>            MsgBox "Email sent"<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Else</SPAN><br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> MissedR = bCell<br>            FirstAddress = bCell.Address<br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Do</SPAN><br>                <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> MissedR = Union(MissedR, bCell)<br>                <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> bCell = .FindNext(bCell)<br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Loop</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">While</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Not</SPAN> bCell <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Is</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Nothing</SPAN> And bCell.Address <> FirstAddress<br>            MissedR.Select<br>            MsgBox "Please complete the following cell(s): " & vbLf & MissedR.Address(0, 0)<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Oh i like that, so that would tell them exactly which cells need to be completed. loving your work!

Can i ask how you got to know how to write this sort of thing from scratch? can you recomend any good books etc? i would love to be able to just write these codes. I can piece things together, and mostly recognise which bits do what, but wouldn't know where to start when starting from scratch.

Upvote 0
Can i ask how you got to know how to write this sort of thing from scratch?
For me, almost entirely using these resources:
1. Using the macro recorder and viewing the resulting code.
2. Reading questions about vba on this board, trying to write a solution, comparing my effort to the "experts" who were posting answers.
3. Reading the built-in Help in the Visual Basic module.
4. Lots of trial and error, and this - - > :oops:

Upvote 0
Ha Ha Ha ok i guess i should just keep doing what i am doing, and making sure that i don't give in to asking the questions on here too easily, try and figure it out myself first.

Again, thanks very much for all your help on this, it works a treat.

Upvote 0
Ha Ha Ha ok i guess i should just keep doing what i am doing, and making sure that i don't give in to asking the questions on here too easily, try and figure it out myself first.
Exactly right.

Also, you will generally get more people willing to help if you have done that and post your attempted code along with details of what goes wrong or what isn't quite right. The one proviso with that is that if your code is very long, some people will not wade through it trying to work out what it is doing and what needs changing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patupaiarehe

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back