Macros in Excel 2007 / Windows 7

mgfacioli

Hi...

I'm having the following problem with Windows7 / Excel 2007: while running Excel macros are enabled with low levels of security, when I try to use them, I get a message informing me that due to the security level of macros to be high, should I change it to a lower level and restart Excel to be able to run it. Since I had already checked that the security level was set to a low level, I turn off or restart my pc and try again using the Macro. Sometimes I have to do this several times until the Macros to normal operation.

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Don't know really.:eek:

I have several strange thing following a windows update where things worked on first installation but do not now. Wasted a lot of hours on this. I have shared drive F on my Windows 7 machine on a home network. I am unable to run an .exe file on that drive from the Win7 machine it is on, but can run an .exe from a Win XP machine that maps to it. Not a problem because it is really for shared data only.

I also have a problem with Trend Internet Security where the firewall stops all sorts of things happening on that drive - despite attempts by their tech support - which is generally good in comparison to others. I solved that by using Windows firewall instead. I still use Trend for antivirus etc. for which it is extremely reliable according to magazine reviews.

So I suggest you first try the file on a different drive, and then try temporarily turning of firewall & antivirus to see if there is an improvement.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chislobog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back