problems converting from excel to pdf

sanlen

Hi,

Sorry if i post this in the wrong location.

I have a sheet in a workbook which consists of data and border around cells (border is colored and border style is thin).

When i converted from this excel sheet to pdf file, then some of the border become thick, and some is still thin. This looks like i cannot get the pdf file as the original look as what i previewed in excel.

Could you please advice what is the actual problem? and how to get this fixed?

Thanks
Kimsan

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hi,

I am on Excel 2007 now, however, i had same problems when i was with Excel 2003.

Thanks,
Kimsan

Upvote 0
You said "then some of the border become thick, and some is still thin". Which ones become thick? Does the data print OK from Excel?

Upvote 0
Hi,

After i keep trying coverting so many time and even tried with different computer, i then realized that all the borders became thick (in pdf format), and all the data was printed ok (same as the one i previewed in excel).

Thanks,
Kimsan

Upvote 0
Anyone with an answer?

Issue appears in both versions of excel, 2007 and 2010.

Borders with thickness lower than 1pt will jump to 1pt when saving to pdf using the build in version of excel. In other words lines get thinker when saving as pdf.

When reducing the line thickness (to the line that appears as the first option, thin doted line) appears to solve the thickness issue, but still -unreliable as it does not consider the colour of the line.

Help, this is driving me crazy!

Upvote 0
I am facing the same problem! Doted line is definitely not real solution, not looking professional.

Is there anybody knowing how to solve this problem?

Thank you!

Anyone with an answer?

Issue appears in both versions of excel, 2007 and 2010.

Borders with thickness lower than 1pt will jump to 1pt when saving to pdf using the build in version of excel. In other words lines get thinker when saving as pdf.

When reducing the line thickness (to the line that appears as the first option, thin doted line) appears to solve the thickness issue, but still -unreliable as it does not consider the colour of the line.

Help, this is driving me crazy!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back