Pivot Table to Update from other cell

maheshrk81

Board Regular
Hi All,

I have a pivot table in a hidden tab. Now in my main sheet i need to give the date a particular cell. Based on that cell the dates to select in Pivot table.

Please help.

Mahi

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Hi Mahi,

Which part of the PivotTable is your Dates field placed? (Page/Report, Row or Column fields)

Are you needing to filter for a single date or multiple dates? (From: Date1, To: Date2)

Upvote 0
Its for multiple dates.... I want to select in the main sheet and the same has to take place in the hidden pivot

Upvote 0
Mahi,

You could try the VBA code at this thread. (I had thought it only worked for PageFields, but looking at it again, I believe it will work for RowFields too).

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3007354

I'm going offline for the night. If you have any questions on how to apply this to your purpose, I'll be glad to follow up tomorrow if another helper doesn't respond before then.

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot for your reply.
But i need the pivot should select multiple dates.
In my Sheet1, i will mention From Date and To Date in Cell(M4 and N4).
And in my control sheet, i have a pivot table(Pivottable1), Now this pivot table should change its Sales date according to Sheet1 From Date and To Date which is in Cell(M4 and N4).

Please help.

Mahi.

Upvote 0
Mahi, You could try the macro below. You'll need to paste this into a Standard VBA Code Module.

You'll also need to copy the Filter_PivotField_by_Date_Range function code that is shown in the thread that I referenced.

You didn't give the exact names of your Control Sheet and Sales Date field, so please edit those in the code below to match your names.

Rich (BB code):
Sub Test_Filter_Date_Range()
    Dim dtFrom As Date, dtTo As Date
    Dim PT As PivotTable

With Sheets("Sheet1")
        dtFrom = .Range("M4")
        dtTo = .Range("N4")
    End With
    Set PT = Sheets("Control").PivotTables("PivotTable1")

Call Filter_PivotField_by_Date_Range( _
        PT.PivotFields("Sales Date"), dtFrom, dtTo)
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply sir...
But i am getting the "Run Time error 1004" - Unable to get the pivot fileds property of the pivot table class".

I have my dates in Sheet1 and the Pivot is in "control" sheet with the piovt table name "PivotTable1" and the files name as "Sales date".

Please help.

Thanks a lot.
Mahi

Upvote 0
Hi Mahi,

If you will turn the macro recorder on and do the steps manually, it will help in diagnosing the problem with the code.

To do this manually, go to your PivotTable and click on the filters for the date field to show the checkboxes for each item. Uncheck all items, then just check 2 items.

Stop the recorder and post the code that it has recorded.

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot jerry, now the macro is working fine. But it is not solving my problem.
I want the dates to be selected from 7/1/2010 to 1/26/2011, but when i run the macro it just poping up the below msg.
"No items are within the specified dates."

Please help me..

Thanks Mahi

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back