macro auto data sort when entry into cell

n_caskey

After wee bit of help if at all possible, very new to exce..
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I work in a franco machine hall and I track the money that is paid out every day from each machine. There are 36 machines in total.

I have 7 worksheets, labelled Monday to Sunday, and one work sheet called week summary. Within each work sheet I have a section for my machine payouts. I have dedicated 40 rows to this, 2 columns. I use a drop down list to select the machine number and I then manually enter amount the machine paid out.
<o:p></o:p>
From each of the day work sheets I have cut and past special (paste link) the 40 rows containing the machine name and payout amount into the week summary work sheet. From my understanding this data (week summary) automatically updates when I enter machine readings in the day work sheets. So by the end of the week I have all the payout data from each day in the summary work sheet.
Hears the problem!!
I would like this data, in the summary work sheet, to auto sort itself when ever I enter new data in the days work sheets. Thus grouping all the machine readings for each day together.. Hope this is making sense so far. I would then like to somehow add each machine payout together (for hole week, not just days) to give me a total of what each machine paid out that week.
I know this is possible using macros but to be honest I am a complete airhead when it comes to these.
When I take the reading manually from the machines they tell me what each machine paid out for the week. At the moment, If my total actual machine payouts (read from machine) does not match my total recorded cash payouts (ones in daily work sheets, money out) then I have to go through each day, find Each machine and add up all the totals to give me total cash paid for that machine for the week and see if the actual machine readings match. This way I can trace back where mistakes have been made. Confused, well I am lol
Any ideas on how 2 go about this would be greatly appreciated,
Many may thanks in advance
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Norman</st1:place></st1:City>

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
This question has also been cross-posted at Excel Forum:

http://www.excelforum.com//showthread.php?t=634301

Norman

For your information, please provide a link to any posts of the same question at any other excel forums that you have made - this means that members who may respond can first check to see if the question has already been answered. You may well find that other forums are less tolerant of cross-posting and will simply delete the thread/ban you. We here at MrExcel are not so Draconian.

Upvote 0
hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
thanks for getting back to me, to be honest i am kind of puzzled by your response. i have posted this in 2 forums. Im sorry if have offended you or any one on in the other fourm by posting in both. kinda new to whole computer thing, is post in 2 fourms like cheating on the misses? Was no aware of this, sorry<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
http://www.excelforum.com//showthread.php?t=634301<o:p></o:p>
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304982<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
thanks <o:p></o:p>
norman <o:p></o:p>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlckr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back