Charts and Graphes are not Showing up in Excel 2007

TKris

Hello,
We are having a major issue with an important excel document. We recently upgraded from MS Office excel 2003 to 2007. Once this happened all of the graphs and charts disappeared. The data is still there, but the charts are missing. We've downloaded the SP1 and all of the updates the MS Office Online site offers for 2007 version, but this still has not fixed the issue. Do you know if there is a setting somewhere that may cause the graphs to be hidden? Or maybe the graphes did not convert over to 2007 properly. We just don't know what to do at this point, but urgently need to have the graphs retrieved somehow. Can someone contact me asap thanks.

Todd Frye

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Yes. You can still can actually see the graphs on in the excel 2003 versions which it was created in. But 2007 just shows blank cells. It asked to udate links when you open up the file in 2007 initially. I don't know if it's tied into a macros setting or what? I hope that we will not have to recreate all of the graphs over again. Upper management are in an uproar about it. Everything was fine up until last week when we upgraded to MS Office 2007 Pro.

Todd Frye

Upvote 0
If there are macros in it probably won't work, because Excel has them disabled as default. To enable them is dodgy on 2007 because the menus are different, which I have only trailed, so they should be on a Tools menu Macro Security, which should be set to Medium. The old keyboard shortcuts still work, so hit ALT,T,M,S and this will bring up the menu.

Hope this works,

Roly

Upvote 0
Hello,
I've tried enabling the Macros on the Excel 2007, but this did not fix the issue with the graphs and charts not showing up as they should. I'm just at a lost and don't know what else to do or try.

Todd

Upvote 0
TKris - follow the link at the bottom of this page for Contact Us. Do NOT fill out the form - follow the Quote Request Form.
Or - a direct link to all this: http://www.mrexcel.com/form.php

You can fill out the form if you like, or click the Tracy at MrExcel link to send me the file directly.
I'll take a look at it and get back to you via email.

Upvote 0
I ran into a similar issue when I got 2007 and Vista. There is a glass overlay feature in vista called DMW.exe. It causes the graochs/charts to be invisible until you stop it in the task manager.

Unfortunately it starts back up after a while unless you kill it permenantly.

DSM

Upvote 0
The same thing happened to me.
It turns out that the Printer Drivers were corrupted.
To fix the problem change the default printer to the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer (or similar printer).

The charts should show up now in excel.

Upvote 0
Hmmm... printer issues must be spreading to other apps then! I've seen similar issues with Access over the years but not yet in Excel. Thanks for the tip.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back