ActiveX Option Button issue in Excel 2007

cannon_fodder

It just doesn't seem like Excel 2007 works the same way that 2003 does.

I've created two pairs of option buttons using the ActiveX controls. They are grouped separately and when I click on them, the values change as expected.

The two options are labeled "Yes" and "No".

When I leave design mode and try to play with it, I try to select "Yes". But, the "Yes" caption font grows while the "No" circle looks jagged.

If I now go to select "No" it's circle goes from jagged to smooth, the font gets even larger than the Yes caption. Now, the Yes circle button grows jagged. In fact, even though the options are separated into two pairs, whenever any radio button is selected, any previous selected radio button even in a different set goes jagged once I remove my cursor from the just selected button.

If I click the "No" nothing changes. So, it seems as long as you select an already selected button, nothing is affected (font, jagged/smooth nor the linked cell's value).

But, if I then go back to "Yes" and click on it, the Yes font grows bigger, the circle goes smooth and the NO circle gets jagged again. If I click on Yes a 2nd time, the fonts don't change nor does any change in the smoothness on either circle. Thus, it seems that the only affectation to the look (font size and smoothness) occurs if you click the other option. And the fonts just continue to grow and grow and grow. (Should I call Pfizer and let them know I've got a competitor to ******?)

This is driving me crazy. I never had this issue with Excel 2003.

I'm not using any VBA with this. Just some "simple" controls.

I've tried changing Autosizing from False to True as well as Word Wrap - nothing is stopping the font size changes or jagged/smoothness changes.

This does NOT happen with Forms radio buttons or checkboxes.

If I have to change all of these activex controls (I've already created more than 20) to forms, is there an easy way or do I have to basically start from scratch?

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
On another Excel support forum I found this answer:

1. Shut down Excel
2. look in \Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel and delete a file starting with Excel11 (or rename it with a .bak extension if you want to keep it for sentimental value).
3. Restart Excel

I tried this and my problem immediately went away. Anyone care to volunteer an explanation why?

Upvote 0
I was having the same problem in Excel 2003, using an ActiveX control drop down... font growing every time I selected the drop-down. The fix described for the excel11 file worked perfectly. THANKS!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerifiedBleachersAttendee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back