Using VBA to verify if email addresses exist

Billy99

I have a list of emails in an Excel spreadsheet. I am try to create a VBA macro that will determine if the email recipients in my list ACTUALLY exist WITHOUT actually sending an email. (Note, the sytax of the emails is CORRECT --- I just don't know if the recipents are real people.)

For example: the email address someone@domain.com has correct syntax but how do we tell if "someone" actually exists at domain.com WITHOUT sending an email message to username? And whether domain.com exists.

Thanks

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Just to clarify... I was wondering if any knew how to go about this task? Or if there was any suitable VBA code I could use?

Thanks

Upvote 0
That's not possible. You can ping domain.com to tell whether it exists, but you can't tell whether an email address actually exists without sending an email, and not even then necessarily.

Upvote 0
That's not possible. You can ping domain.com to tell whether it exists, but you can't tell whether an email address actually exists without sending an email, and not even then necessarily.
And thank god for that, or heaven knows how much SPAM one would get!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralemanygarcia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back