help needed with excel shopping list!

DrPips

Hi, I'm new to this site, as I have a problem I'm hoping somebody can help with. I'll try and describe in as much detail as possible:

I have created an excel sheet for recipes that my wife and I cook regularly, just the ingredients. I have half achieved my aim to make this produce a shopping list for meals we choose for the week. I say half achieved as each item is listed separately even if there are multiple identical items. For example, the shopping list may call for 2 chicken breasts for Mondays meal, and 2 chicken breasts for Thursdays meal, but what I really want is for it to create a more streamlined list which would just have 4 chicken breasts.

I realise that this is an unsual request, but if anybody can help me out I'd appreciate it. If it would be useful to attach my work in progress, I will do.

Many Thanks,

Dom

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Hi and welcome to the board!!
If would be very helpful to know how your data is arranged and how you are arriving at your current list. Can you post an example of your sheet and the formulas you have?

lenze

Upvote 0
Is there anyway I can attach the spreadsheet to the forum post?
Not on this forum. Some others do allow attachments. You can, however upload to a host (ex www.boxnet.com ) or use the Htmlmaker (bottom of the index page) or something like Excel Jeannie to post a sample shot of your sheet.

lenze

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back