Stretch Print Area...

ozdemir

I have data that I want to plot to our Color Plotter. The size of the sheet is 22x34 and of course the data does not fit the entire sheet. How do I stretch/scale the data automatically to make it all fit on one page (scaled up accordingly)? I have tried the fit to page option and some other common sense solutions, but to no avail. Thanks.

oz

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
In theory there should be no problem if you have set up your plotter as a printer with the correct driver, when the data should fill the page as in Print Preview. Such as with A4 and A3 paper sizes.

You should then be able to go into Page Setup or Print/Properties and select the required paper size.

Suggest you visit the plotter manufacturer website or drivers.co or search Google.com for info using your plotter make/model.

You suggest that you have already tried the "Adjust to xx% normal size" print option. Of course the page size would need to be correct.

Upvote 0
ozdemir said:
I have data that I want to plot to our Color Plotter. The size of the sheet is 22x34 and of course the data does not fit the entire sheet. How do I stretch/scale the data automatically to make it all fit on one page (scaled up accordingly)? I have tried the fit to page option and some other common sense solutions, but to no avail. Thanks.

oz

Unfortunately, when you select the Fit to Page option, Excel only scales down as necessary. It does not scale up above 100% (as Lotus 123 did). So you will need to set the Adjust to value manually by trial and error until you get the desired result in Print Preview.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back