Unmanageable sheets

ManvinderKaur

Board Regular
Hi I have one challenge at my new job...
there are 65 partners of a company corresponding to each company there are 65 spreadsheets ..in each spreadsheet there are 3 different templates. each sheet contains data and columns have calculations. each sheets contains same sort of data and calculations . there are 3 summary sheets that contain data from 65 sheets. Now the thing is they are growing and there client may go beyond hundreds.. SO what is soluntion for this. because workbook is not going to be manageable in future. What should be solution. Is that good to make access database?...or any other solution...
Thanks

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Judging from your description I would propose MS Access over Excel. You can store as many partners as necessary in tables and create queries to calculate numerical data. If you like, post an example (feel free to distort or change confidential info).

Upvote 0
I'm going to 2nd the Access suggestion. Excel is a spreadsheet program, not a database program. You want to use the right tool for the job. Access queries would allow future manipulation of the data that might bring new and useful information.

If Access isn't an option, you could mimic a database. A macro could upload all the information to a single workbook. Each partner could be represented by their username - "environ("username")" will return the name they are logged on as which will give you something (hopefully) unique to use to separate each partner's data.

Upvote 0
Hi, a suggestion for if you don't go the MS ACCESS way. What on the sheets are common (layouts, calculations, formulas etc.) and what is unique input and output? Unless you need to undertake similtaneous calculations across different sheets, why not look at storing the unique data only (Inputs and outcomes) via moving the data through a formula template as required? i.e. why store multiple instances of the same formula / layouts etc when all you need is the inputs and outputs? Dependant on the amount of inputs and outputs, 65 clients may equate to 65 rows of data. Even if too large for one sheet, you could have linked input & output sheets (a total of 2 sheets with 65 rows of data each) you would be able to regenerate any sheet at the "push of a button". Jeff ;)

Upvote 0
one client have one spreadsheet. all worksheets are in one workbook. there are 5 summary sheets ..that data come from all clients spreadhseets ..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back