Excel 2007 - Pasting values instead of formulas

MrKowz

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey everyone,

I am having a rough time trying to figure this one out. My HR Manager's Excel (2007) copying/pasting is malfunctioning. When we try to copy a function (ctrl+C) and paste (ctrl+V), it is pasting the value rather than the function. I've tried a new worksheet, a new workbook, etc, and it appears to be an Excel-wide issue (even in a new workbook, I can put 1 in A1, 2 in A2, put the formula =A1+A2 in A3, and then when I copy/paste A3 to A4, it places the value of 3 instead of the copied formula). Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and know of a fix?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
I'm going to guess that your worksheet is protected. I've noticed that seems to happen to me when I'm copying from protected sheets

Upvote 0
Sadly, that isn't the case. I've created a new workbook, and simply created a formula and copy/pasted it, same result. It is pasting the value, not the formula.

Upvote 0
Colin,

I'd love to do a system restore, however that isn't possible, as I'm not the IT guy, and there has been a lot of work done across the machine in the past 24 hours :cry:. Excel DID work as intended for a short period of time after a reboot, however, it reverted back to this behaviour within 10 minutes or so.

I have to head out of work now, and will check back in on this thread (and the machine) in the morning. I greatly appreciate any insight/help anyone can provide!

Cheers!

Upvote 0
My line of thinking was more along the lines of what a coincidence it was... and then the cynic in me says it might not be a coincidence. Are there any recent downloads/updates/installs etc (you know the drill) on the box?

Also, if you start Excel in safe mode, does the problem persist?

Upvote 0
My line of thinking was more along the lines of what a coincidence it was... and then the cynic in me says it might not be a coincidence. Are there any recent downloads/updates/installs etc (you know the drill) on the box?

Also, if you start Excel in safe mode, does the problem persist?

I haven't tried Excel in safe mode yet, and I know that Microsoft rolled out a series of updates yesterday (I'm not sure if any affected Excel or Office 2007). I'll try out the safe mode tomorrow morning, and see if any of those updates involved Excel 2007.

Thanks! :biggrin:

Upvote 0
ZVI recently just posted a possible solution to your problem.

If Skype is installed with the Click to Call addin, remove this addin

Upvote 0
Thanks for the idea, XL&ME. Sadly, there was no addin related to Skype on his Excel (though Skype IS installed, and he uses it daily).

Upvote 0
ZVI recently just posted a possible solution to your problem.

If Skype is installed with the Click to Call addin, remove this addin

Correction - this WAS the issue! I was looking in Excel for a "Click to Call" addin, and didn't realize that it was something I had to uninstall from the Add/Remove Programs. Thanks much for this information!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emilou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back