1 master workbook with multiple separated workbooks on pivot tables and charts

dellzy

Board Regular
Hi Excel Experts,

I have this 1 workbook containing multiple macros, a master data worksheet and multiple pivot tables & charts in separate worksheets. I thought it would be easier to refresh all pivot tables and charts whenever there is a change in the master data. However, since the pivot tables and charts will contribute into the whole workbook size, so the more pivot tables and charts I created, the bigger the file size become, and led into slower performance of opening and updating, and in several occasions, some worksheets become just blank or eventually just froze and popped up with errors.

Hence, I have moved all the worksheets of pivot tables and charts into it's own individual workbook but data source still pointing to the master data worksheet in the original file. With this action, everytime the master data has changes, I need to be able to refresh all the pivot tables and charts in those separated workbooks.

Can anyone help to provide a macro that I can run from the master data workbook but will refresh all these pivot tables and charts seamlessly, please? All solutions I've found so far from google search are all about merging them instead of refreshing separately. Perhaps my search phrase is wrong. So I guess this forum maybe the best platform I could explain my exact requirements.

Hopefully someone can contribute to solve my problem as mentioned above.

Thank you in advance.
DZ

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
hello. do you think it would be sufficient in the workbooks that have pivot tables & charts that each contains VBA as below?
this goes in the workbook's code module, btw
Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Activate()    
      ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kokoanutt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back