2016 Excel and Page Layout view issues

danmo1976

All our computers in the office currently run Excel 2016 on several different types of computers (Dells & HP's), however all operate with Windows 10. In the last few days each computer is experiencing problems with page layout view. It seems to be focused around conditional formatting using colors and various cell fills with colors. In page layout view when you select to fill a cell with color all you get is a small colored line at the top of the cell. Some cells display colors previously filled while others don't.

You can change it to normal view and it displays correctly. Everyone has become accustom to viewing our workbooks in page layout view so I would like to try and determine what the issue might be? We have been using this setup for all of this year and this problem has just happened within the last week or so. I have tried both reinstalling Excel and changing hardware acceleration as attempts to correct the issue, neither worked. Any ideas?

Thank you advance

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
I found this at https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...-Windows-49d932ce-0240-49cf-94df-1587d9d97093

Last updated: September 29, 2017

ISSUE

When in Page Layout view, applying a fill formatting such as a pattern style to a cell or table does not render correctly after adding a header or a footer to the spreadsheet. You may see a black background or other formatting issues.

This issue impacts Version 1708 (Build 8431.2079).

This issue is now fixed in Version 1708 (Build 8431.2094). To get the update immediately, open any Office 2016 app and choose File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the response. I checked my updates and it says I am up to date however the version is the 2079 build not the 2094 you have listed. I tried the repair function as well. Suppose I will try another uninstall/reinstall to see if that works.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zephyrunimpressively

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back