A good starting point? Setting variables and applying formulas based on criteria met

LittlegmoonBH

Hi Guys,

I’m looking for a starting point to tackle a problem Iunderstand, but not in enough detail to be really specific…

Basically, I need to simply retrieve or apply calculationsto customer agreement numbers, some of which will have 1 single line of data,simple as I can then just take the amounts required.

Where it gets messy is:

There could be multiple lines for the same agreement number,with these, I need to take the earliest start date and most recent end date andtake the values from multiple lines, and these could be anything from 2 to 22+- it all depends how many agreements have been set up to recover all paymentsdue.

Then there’s another added complication, there could bemultiple agreement numbers, legitimate customers with multiple purchases.

Setting variables aren’t my biggest strength, the above willbe a real challenge for me, but helping me with a starting point would be ahuge help. In my mind, I’m thinking it’ll be a series of loops and ifstatements, but I’m not sure that’s going to cut it.

All advice or code that may have been used to tackle asimilar issue would be amazing!

Thanks

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashsweety

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back