Access 2007 Multiple Control tip texts

AlexanderBB

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
My form view is set to continuous and I'd like a text box control tip text that could be unique for every record.

Is that possible ? Hopes !!!

I'm also wondedring is the delay before it shows is adjustable ?

Thanks.

TIP: Access 2007, 2010, and 1013 can all use a 2000 or 2002/2003 .mdb format without having to convert. Acess 2007/2010/2013 will even compile a .mdb into a .mde.

FWIW: I only convert .mdb's to .accdb if there is some feature in the new .accdb foramt that I must have. Otherwise I do not convert a .mdb to a .accdb. They just seam to work better that way.

Were you able to import or convert the 2000 objects into a .accdb and get them to work?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
[QUOTE Were you able to import or convert the 2000 objects into a .accdb and get them to work?[/QUOTE]

Not quite yet. I have the 4 class modules and modToolTipsForm by exporting and importing. But that would not work with frmCustomerDatasheet so I made a new
Form, called it the same thing and cut and pasted the code and the four text boxes. But this new form has no header for the labels and I can't see why. I suspect I'll need frmToolTipsDatasheet
but I haven't tried yet. Access 2007 has no database window, and I can't even see tblCustomers, but can on a 2nd computer with Access 2003. So am rebuilding it.

My thinking was, if I can get all this working as it does in A2kTooltipver34.mdb then I can start looking at changing to my stuff.

Upvote 0
After a bit more Googling I uncovered External Data - Import and was able tio import all the components.
And yes it works! So now to see if I can alter this to work on a different form with my ToolTip comments.

Upvote 0
Access 2007 has no database window, and I can't even see tblCustomers, ...

In Access 2007 and later the database windows has been replaced with the Navigation pane on the left side. If you are not seeing the tables then the navigation pane settings need to be changed to show all objects.

TIP: Turn on the seach bar in the naviation pane. I find this is a really a great addition. It can be used ti filter the objects. I use it a lot.

Let me know if yu cant figure out how to use the navigation pane and I will be glad to help.

Upvote 0
The Nav bar is working OK I'm just still getting used to it !
The ToolTip code is working but frmCustomerDatasheet does seem to show the same thing for every record, (just the field name) and I've no idea how to give it contents for the tip
that would be different for each record. But there's still the other Form examples to go.

Upvote 0
Hey Hi Tech Coach,

I'm feeling pretty happy! I have my control tips all working - opening and closing
with just a mouse over the appropriate row. I didn't need any of Stephen Lebans code except clsControlData
which gives me the current row number. Still to optimise the Popup Form and where it resides, but the hard part is over.
One mild disappointment, I had to trap out the odd (and unexplained) error 2486. May have been opening or closing the form too close together.

Thanks for all the help :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back