Accessing macros from temp file

Jham10

Hi everybody,

I am having an issue when opening (not downloading) my file from the website version of my company's email server, or from my company's actual corporate server itself. When I open the file, the private sub macros work. Any macros that are stored within the workbook or modules that are not private do not seem to work. I would just make all of the macros private but then I have not idea how to assign them to buttons or access them from the spreadsheet. The file also opens as read only. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I think that it is trying to pull the macros from a temporary file that is located remotely on the server.

I would love for a way to be able to access my macros within the workbook itself and have no issues when sharing the file to my colleagues. I also understand that there is a way to save macros into a personal folder and upload it on the server, but I was hoping there would be an easier solution that would allow the file to just work all the time and has the macros saved within it. Does anybody have any guidance on what I am doing wrong here?

Thank you very much for your help!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Also- When I download the file to the computer and then open it, the macros work fine. They do not work when selecting OPEN not SAVE AS. This might help. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sameri

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back