Jheye

Here is my worksheet example. I need a formula to count how many times the 'Service Level %' was greater than 79.999% for each day of the week. So for Monday, there is two data points, but, 1 would be my answer in this example.
WeekdayService Level %Calls OfferedWork days
Mon81%2001
Tues73%1001
Wed60%1591
Thur90%2321
Fri82%2781
Mon64%1321
Tue79%1451
Wed89%2001

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Thanks man, appreciate the quick reply. This is just what I needed!

I have a follow up thought/question on this that maybe you can point me in the direction of.

Now, continuing from the above formula, using a COUNTIFS function, I look at criteria 1) days that are Monday and 2) take the 'Service Level %' that is greater than 79.999% and then 3) take those specific values of 'Service Level%' and average them. How would I add on that 3rd step to perform a calc at the end?

Upvote 0
There is another function SUMIFS. Use sumifs to add the % together and divide by the countifs

Upvote 0
Although it would be remiss to not mention that averageing percentages may not be accurate.
Depending on how each percentage is obtained.

So you're dealing with Service Level percentages.
That is some sort of sum divided by count.
Something like (Sum of all calls) divided by (count of calls handled in less than x minutes)

If the COUNT for monday1 is different than the count for monday2, then average percentage of monday1 and monday2 will not be accurate.

Think about a baseball team, they have batting averages.
The TEAM's average is NOT calculated by the average of each player's average.
Consider that the pitcher has far fewer at bats than other players.
So the pitcher's average would have greater influence on that average than the other players.
So you have to do the average of EVERYONE, ALL At Bats by the team, regardless of the player.

Upvote 0
Jonmo1 - I agree with you, the percentages would not be the best metric to average out in that way.

Thank you for the quick replies everyone! These functions are great. That 'Techonthenet" site is loaded with goodies.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMGLarson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back