Adjacent formual stop working when I delet a range

berryalan

Hi All,

I have a worksheet in which users populate action points in columns A:G. Column G has a completion date for the task. In column H I have an if statement that checks whether the action is late or not depending on today's date and the closure date in column G. All works fine.

At the end of the week the user wants to click on a button which removes all closed actions and copies them to the appropriate team leaders sheet. Again I have managed to get this working, but the stumbling block is that once the range of "completed" actions is removed, the formula in column H start misbehaving, presumably because the data they were referring to has gone.

Any tips in preventing this happening would be gratefully recieved.

Regards

Alan
Scotland

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
To avoid the #REF! error clear the contents of the cells rather than deleting them.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the response. Once the closed actions are moved over to the team leaders' sheets, I want to delete them so that the ones remaining are at the top of the table.

I have worked around it by entering the formula in H1 and once the delete has been actioned, coded an auto-fill down 20 rows. Not ideal as I am sure we'll have a call to the helpdesk in a few weeks when action 21 isn't reported properly.

Thanks

Alan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back