Advanced Rounding Help Required!!!

Kenty7

Hello forumites!

I've a bit of a conundrum with a spreadsheet my team use for ordering product. We have some suppliers who give us a minimum order quantity, but within that, state that we can achieve that MOQ by ordering across a range of 5 products, with each product order needing to hit a minimum of 300 units.

So for example, I can order pens, but the supplier requires me to order 1200 pens minimum. But they will let me order 300 Blue, 300 Red, 300 Black and 300 Green pens to achieve this.

The trouble I'm having is that the sheet I use suggests an exact requirement, e.g. 250 Blue, 100 Red, 50 Black and 5 green and 0 Orange and I need this rounded up by MOQ and Carton quantity whilst also considering the 1200 MOQ and the fact it can be split across the range.

I can get it to round this by both the MOQ of 1200 and the case quantity of 4 using the below, but this result often leaves me with suggested orders of a higher than required amount. So using the stated example of 250 Blue, 100 Red, 50 Black and 5 green and 0 Orange and the below formula, it suggests an order of 744 Blue, 300 Red, 300 Black and 300 Green with no Orange. It's the Blue that causes me issues! That should be 300!

D6 through D10 = Actual order amount of individual product (So the SUM function tells me the total requirement of all colours of pen).
F6 = MOQ
G6 = Carton Qty

=IF(D6<=0,1-1,IF(SUM(D$6:D$10)<=0,1-1,IF(SUM(D$6:D$10)<120,1-1,IF(AND(SUM(D$6:D$10)>120,SUM(D$6:D$10)<1200),MAX($F6,(CEILING((1200/SUM(D$6:D$10)*D6),$G6))),IF(D6>=(($F6/100)*10),MAX($F6,CEILING(D6,$G6)),1-1)))))

Can anyone help?! It's quite complicated so I hope I've made my needs clear!

The formula in E2 can be simplified to

=IF(B2=0,0,IF(SUM(B$2:B2)=SUM($B$2:$B$6),$G$2-SUM(E$1:E1),D2))

M.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary_M

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back