All macros have stopped working on all computers, including previous versions that I know worked.

LoneStarPiper

Hello,

I have many macros built into a workbook that I send copies of to my sales team. Over the weekend, everyone's began corrupting unexpectedly. Now, even my old versions of this workbook don't work and we know they did previously. The error when trying to initialize any macro is "Cannot run the macro"Workbook V6.6 - Copy.xlsm'Simple_Print'. The macro may not be available in the workbook or all macros may be disabled. When creating a new macro, it provides the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
It sounds like perhaps all macros are disabled in the Trust Center.

Upvote 0
It sounds like perhaps all macros are disabled in the Trust Center.
I should have clarified more. I have checked the trust settings, and they are opened up. Upond further testing, if I open up the individual macros and run them from the Macro Panel, then the operation works. It's when I assign them to a button that they don't work.

Upvote 0
It sounds like something got changed over the weekend then. Were any Office updates applied?

Upvote 0
Not knowingly, I've been gone all weekend. The old versions (weeks and months old, I save in regular increments) all now carry the error. It's the relationship between the buttons/triggers and the macro itself, since I can open up my macros and run them without error.

Upvote 0
Have you checked the update history? It seems the most likely cause for an issue like this when the files haven't changed, and given that it affects new macros too.

Upvote 0
It says I've had the most recent update, and I'm currently running Version 2110 (Build 14527.20234 Click-to-Run). It appears that came out early October, but I can't see how to know when it updated my machine.

Upvote 0
Ok. It's resolved. Seemingly, it was that I didn't have "Enable Excel 4.0 macros when VBA macros are enabled" selected, although I don't think I've ever had that selected before. When I updated that, saved it, and opened it up again, the issue went away for all versions.

Thank you, RoryA, for your assistance.

Upvote 0
Solution
That's very odd - you should not need that option checked to run a macro from a button!

Upvote 0
I agree, that smells like a virus or a damaged workbook …​

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back