Attachmate Reflections to Excel

MrTheFourth

This is all fairly new to me, so be gentle. I'm using Attachmate Reflection for Unix and OpenVMS, which is capable of using VBA to automate interactions with a host of other applications. I'm trying to put together a macro to run from Reflection which will result in an orderly spreadsheet list containing 5 columns and hundreds of rows. What I'm trying to make that list from is a report which contains numerous lines which all begin with a series of 4 numbers, as well as some junk to be left out which does not begin with numerals. Each line is 65 characters long, and I need characters 0-3 in cell 1, char 6-30 in cell 2, 31-40 in cell 3, 45-54 in cell 4, and 59-61 in cell 5, repeated for hundreds of lines. This macro would be run numerous times using the same output file, so it would be preferable for duplicate entries to not be appended.

Presently, I am using Reflections logging function to export the reports to .txt files, and then having Excel import the data. This is not desireable however, as I need the macro entirely contained within Reflection to be able to easily share it with many coworkers. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobmudombe

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back