Auto Populate rows based on criteria.

rshahi

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out a formula to auto populate the rows from different worksheet if certain criteria matches. i have a file that has 4 worksheets ( floor, (List, TW and PW are where data is). I'm trying to auto populate the rows from list to floor if the location matches but can't seen to get it.. I want it to copy (Product code) colum from list to product code colum on floor sheet. And based on that value it will retract sales values from TW and PW using Vlookup. Sorry for my explanation. I've attached some screenshot of what i'm trying to achieve. I've added the example worksheet to show what i"m trying to achieve. Sorry I'm not really good at Excel. Thanks in Advance.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p4.jpg
P5.jpg

p6.jpg

p7.jpg

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
to extract the list use
=IFERROR(INDEX(List!$B$2:$B$100,SMALL(IF(List!$A$2:$A$100=1,ROW(List!$A$2:$A$100)-ROW(List!$A$2)+1),ROWS(A$2:A2))),"")
The Equal =1 change to 2 , 3 or 4
Or you could reference the 1,2,3,4 in the cell A2, H2 using $ to fix $A$2 and $H$2
also change the range to suit your data
Use
Control+Shift+Enter to create an array formula

Then you can use a vlookup or index match to find the other entres
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:A11A2=IFERROR(INDEX(List!$B$2:$B$100,SMALL(IF(List!$A$2:$A$100=1,ROW(List!$A$2:$A$100)-ROW(List!$A$2)+1),ROWS(A$2:A2))),"")
C2:C11C2=IFERROR(INDEX(List!$B$2:$B$100,SMALL(IF(List!$A$2:$A$100=2,ROW(List!$A$2:$A$100)-ROW(List!$A$2)+1),ROWS(A$2:A2))),"")
E2:E11E2=IFERROR(INDEX(List!$B$2:$B$100,SMALL(IF(List!$A$2:$A$100=3,ROW(List!$A$2:$A$100)-ROW(List!$A$2)+1),ROWS(A$2:A2))),"")

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot Wayne..
that worked like a charm. I've been trying to figure this out for a week now. Should have just asked the professionals...
Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NJOO7

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back