Automate missing cell value report

queysoft

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello. I have a worksheet A. It has about 25 columns and the rows are added to daily as new information is entered. Some of the columns are important IF one of the columns is populated with the word "BLUE" (this is important, as not every row of data will need every column filled out if one particular column has the word blue in it. People can forget to fill in the information for that row. I can find the missing information by filtering, but I want to be able to create an automated report. I ideally want a report that i can run that has the the same header columns as the important columns in worksheet A and shows any rows that have blank information - it can use the serial number in column A as a reference.

so, for example - the master sheet A has 25 columns called A to Y. Column B, C, F, G and J are important. If column L has the word BLUE in it and column B is blank then i need the report to show the serial from column A and also something like the word "missing info" for column B.

any idea?

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
how about something like concatenate in columns AB AC AF AG. like this: ab2 =IF(B2="","missing_info_"&$L2,"") ac2 =IF(C2="","missing_info_"&$L2,"") af2 =IF(F2="","missing_info_"&$L2,"") ag2 =IF(G2="","missing_info_"&$L2,"") then you can filter based on "missing_info", or sort based on "missing_info". would be helpful if you want to paste your sample data. cheers!

Upvote 0
It would be easier to help if you could use the XL2BB add-in (icon in the menu) to attach a screenshot (not a picture) of your sheet. Alternately, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data (de-sensitized if necessary).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back