Automatic VBA Code Generator (Add In?)

Bluehawaii524

Have any of you ever used an add in such as AutoMacro to assist in generating VBA code for macros? I'm a beginner, but I've been learning and researching through many different forums (like this one- thank you!) as well as youtube videos and whatnot. But as you know, the macro recorder doesn't help a lot, and VBA is not intuitive, and it's slow to learn. I have a ton of tasks that my predecessor used to do by hand, and are now very backed up. I know enough about VBA to know that I can do all of this with just one click. Part of my problem is that sometimes I'm not quite sure what to search for in order to identify the code(s) that can help me complete a task. This add in sounds like a beginner's dream come true, so any advice you can give me on it or other add ins that are worth researching would be much appreciated!

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Macro recoding from with excel is very easy. Once you have the basics recorded you can learn to refine. Some recorded actions will fail, and some actions don't record, but I think that is far more preferable to the software I just viewed (paid for). You will learn from your actions, not from a program that records like a keylogger (IMHO)

any output macro you can paste here and discuss how to optimize it

Upvote 0
I have to agree with mole999. The 'built in' macro recorder found within Excel is as productive as the software you are looking at. And it's free.

Key features:

• Record and repeat all mouse and keyboard actions (Excel does this as well)
  • Find and click image on the screen with Smart Click (Excel does this as well - if you click on something while recording a macro, those actions are recorded and included in the macro code)
  • Edit the mouse and keyboard actions record (Excel will allow you to edit the auto-created macro after it is created)
  • Powerful yet easy-to-use script editor (Just another way of creating a macro. If you know how to use the script editor to create a macro ... you can by pass both and simply write the macro yourself)
  • Undo and Redo Operations (Excel has this built in - located in the menu selections)
  • Compile script to EXE (Excel cannot do this)
  • Bind scripts to hotkeys (Excel has this also - called SendKeys /OnKey)
  • Create scheduled tasks easily (Excel will allow you to create a timed macro as well)

The general message from your post indicates you are seeking a means of 'coding' without having to learn how to code. Generally that is not going to be possible. Many companies have tried to produce a product that would accomplish that goal
but it still requires the user to learn how to code because their product cannot foresee every coding need of the user. AutoMacro is a product just like the Excel macro recorder but it has a few more bells and whistles that appear to be more automated
than Excel .... but they really are not.

VBA really isn't difficult to learn. Start with a small project ... search for code examples that will accomplish parts or sections of what you are seeking to accomplish ... post your questions here to receive assistance and guidance. With just a little
effort you will soon learn enough to code the basic structure of your projects and then get assistance from the FORUM for the rest. You would be surprised to learn that most of the members on this FORUM are self-taught.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davenil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back