Automatically calculating remaining budgets with multiple criteria

DavidMantle

I have a spreadsheet with approximately 20 different tabs, each having a separate budget that is split into 3 sections. I've also got a master tab that I'm looking log all transactions/invoices related to any or all of the budgets on all the tabs. I would like to create a formula that automatically deducts the relevant amounts from the relevant budgets, based on 2 criteria - so in simple terms I would like it to be as follows: If Column A has a text value of x and Column B has a text value of y then deduct the numerical value entered in Column C from the overall budget figure in Column D and display as a running total in Column E. There are 3 options for the type of transaction and about 14 options for the relevant budget figure.
Is it possible to create something in Excel that can automatically update a remaining budget figure based on criteria entered in a transaction log which subtracts the related figure from the original budget figure?

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dasda34

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back