Automatically (dynamically) consolidate data onto same sheet

tammorice

Hi everyone

After scouring the Forum for answers, I have come up blank.

Can I please pick your more experienced brains on this one?

I need to consolidate daily data into weekly data onto the same sheet. Each day data is entered into the sheet and needs to produce a weekly total of product and hours at the bottom of the sheet.

I don't seem to be able to consolidate dynamically on the source sheet.

Is there a workaround for achieving this?

Thanks
Tam

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
I wouldn't summarize at the bottom of the sheet as that is either way-down or needs to be positioned dynamically.
I recommend summary at top. Your Data should be converted to a Table. Use Ctrl+T or Insert\Table.
Use the SUBTOTAL function instead of SUM
=SUBTOTAL(9,TABLE RANGE)
this will give the sum of the filtered results.

Upvote 0
Thanks SpillerBD. Unfortunately I cannot convert the data to a table due to the layout.

I may need to completely redesign the timesheet.

Upvote 0
Mike (ExcelIsFun) doesn't stress the value of thinking all data in "Proper Data Sets," which are convertible to Tables, enough.
For the people I work with, I try and make that an important point and then use the Table techniques or Pivot Tables for Reports.

Upvote 0
Dynamically, formulas on Table ranges are best... cough cough. But you say that's not a possibility at this time....:(
Pivot Tables are my preference for the flexibility and filtering, but changes to the source data require a Pivot Refresh. When the source range is a Table the source range is dynamic. You can use the entire columns if they all have headers and Filter Out Blanks.

Not being able to use a Table means updating the source range for Pivot Table with each Refresh manually. A formula route would be using SUMPROUCT. You can use column referencing and ignore blanks by criteria, not ideal but it works. SumProduct could be driven by criteria based on a Date calculation so it always shows the past seven days, past 7 business days (WORKDAY)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexismce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back