Automatically sending email from a shared mailbox via an Excel macro

Jeff Leubecker

This is the relevant code that will loop through a worksheet X number of times and will send an email to a distinct email address in each row of that worksheet (I replaced the NewEmailItem.To field with just a generic email for posting). Say my email is me@mycompany.com. I want to send the email as coming from AP@mycompany.com. Everything is set in Outlook and on the exchange server to do this. AP@mycompany is just a shared mailbox and me@mycompany (365 Business Standard account) has full delegated rights to send as AP@mycompany. I can manually do so. Me@mycompany is the only account in my outlook.

What I want this to do is loop through and automatically send the email from AP@mycompany.com. This code shows .send as a remark statement because presently I can't get it to work. It will only send from me@mycompany.com. What I have to do to get it to work is display the message (.display True), manually change the From box in the displayed outlook message to AP@mycompany.com and click send. The code will then loop to the next line and I can manually send them all that way, and they all send as coming from AP@mycompany.com.

I would like to not display at all. Can I automate what I have to do manually here? I'm very new to doing anything with outlook in vba. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VBA Code:
Dim EmailApp As Outlook.Application
Dim NewEmailItem As Outlook.MailItem

Set EmailApp = New Outlook.Application
For X = 2 To ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
      Set NewEmailItem = EmailApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
      <Code that generates email body as string VData>
      With NewEmailItem
            .To = "[EMAIL]abc@xyz.com[/EMAIL]"
            .Subject = "ACH Remittance Advice from My Company"
            .HTMLBody = VData
            '.Send
            .Display True
      End With
      Set NewEmailItem = Nothing
Next

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
This is the relevant code that will loop through a worksheet X number of times and will send an email to a distinct email address in each row of that worksheet (I replaced the NewEmailItem.To field with just a generic email for posting). Say my email is me@mycompany.com. I want to send the email as coming from AP@mycompany.com. Everything is set in Outlook and on the exchange server to do this. AP@mycompany is just a shared mailbox and me@mycompany (365 Business Standard account) has full delegated rights to send as AP@mycompany. I can manually do so. Me@mycompany is the only account in my outlook.

What I want this to do is loop through and automatically send the email from AP@mycompany.com. This code shows .send as a remark statement because presently I can't get it to work. It will only send from me@mycompany.com. What I have to do to get it to work is display the message (.display True), manually change the From box in the displayed outlook message to AP@mycompany.com and click send. The code will then loop to the next line and I can manually send them all that way, and they all send as coming from AP@mycompany.com.

I would like to not display at all. Can I automate what I have to do manually here? I'm very new to doing anything with outlook in vba. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VBA Code:
Dim EmailApp As Outlook.Application
Dim NewEmailItem As Outlook.MailItem

Set EmailApp = New Outlook.Application
For X = 2 To ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
      Set NewEmailItem = EmailApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
      <Code that generates email body as string VData>
      With NewEmailItem
            .To = "[EMAIL]abc@xyz.com[/EMAIL]"
            .Subject = "ACH Remittance Advice from My Company"
            .HTMLBody = VData
            '.Send
            .Display True
      End With
      Set NewEmailItem = Nothing
Next
Nevermind. I figured it out. Just before .send I put in .sentonbehalfofname="AP@mycompany.com" and it worked. I can remove .display and all emails sequentially generate and send from AP@mycompany.com. Thanks to anyone who looked at it and considered.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back